Sunday, January 4, 2009

Parenting....

Why we do what we do...... In the realm of parenting. When Chloe was just a baby we dedicated her to the Lord.. and committed to raise her to love and serve the Lord. We repeated that dedication with Molly, and plan the same route for Tristen. Neither of us where made to attend church, or where taught much about God as children our parents had decided to introduce us to church and let us choose our own way. I'm grateful that Stephan and I had found friends in life that directed us towards church. We stepped away from church in 1999, to return in 2000 after an invitation to what would become our current church family. Our christian walk has not been an easy one, and not always a faithful one. However in the past year we have jumped into our faith with both feet, and are working more diligently to raise our girls the way we dedicated to do so 6years ago. Today I checked out a CD series by Jimmy Evans titled "Successful Parenting", it has confirmed many of our parenting methods, and has given me more incite as to which way to go with other areas of parenting to show them God through us. I look forward to continuing on this difficult and challenging path of parenting our girls. So following listening to this message I plan to listen to it again, and then to share w/ Stephan. Below is a link to Marriage today.

http://www.marriagetoday.org

No comments: