Friday, February 20, 2009

Daniel Fast!

This is a blip about me... read if you'd like!

I'm 6 weeks into a study on the book of Daniel by Beth Moore. We where asked to give up something that we loved that was in the "world" that we could have but should be wise and do without. Just as Daniel chose to do with out the Kings Rich foods and wine in the 1st chapter of Daniel. This was not supposed to be a diet by any means. I choose to give up soda, I was addicted and it's something most of America could live with out and be much slimmer and healthier by it. This fast ended this Tuesday for me. When we went to the circus, I had a bottle of soda, 20oz of my favorite Dr Pepper. I'm learning that I should have continued to do with out. This is a learning curve for me and my eyes are opening more and more each day. I'm not perfect at all and fail daily. God has layed out a manual for us w/ examples to follow, what awesome things would come to be if all of those who claimed to follow him actually lived by the word of God. Wow! There would be True "Change" in this country. Though daily most of America kicks out the God that this country was founded on, and people wonder why things are falling apart around them! So I will continue to strive to follow the word of God, in hopes that I can make a difference. I've personally approched some subjects with friends and family members in the wrong way resulting in walls that may never be brought down. I have come to learn it's not for me to judge anyone, only God above can pass judgement, and it's my task to live the life he has called me to live and to be a witness to those around me. Well folks thanks for reading if you did. Now I'm off to bed!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Gotta love Daniel! It's a good one! To be like him! Ahh!

So I am going to post something on my blog - read it - and let me know your reaction. I'm writing a paper on it right now. But I think it describes what you just wrote.

Anonymous said...

In addition to Daniel's consistency as a true believer in God, I love the fact that the Lord also revealed much prophecy to him, for us to study, and ponder. I think some of it is about to be fulfilled soon!
Love ya!