Friday, April 24, 2009
kids and baby camping gear
Since the weather is taking a turn for warmth, I'm taking check on what items we are still in need of for starting our new family adventure and way of affordable vacation. Stephan is set with all his supplies from the past 2 men's camping trips. I've got my sleeping bag, and should not have issues finding any additional items I may be in need of. Chloe and Molly both have their air bed, sleeping bag that go down to 40degrees (though I'd like a little lower so we may be able to enjoy some fall camping) then their back packs, flash lights. Tristen has nothing special, we had tested out to see if her pack n play fit in the tent, and it does, however in the relm of packing for a camping trip, it's a bulky item on top of coolers, tents, chairs, and back packs. So the challenge I face finding something that would be compact, lightweight, and for baby.. then into toddler to sleep in.... Problem solved!!! I found something called a Peapod made by kidco, and eureka Tristen's 1st birthday is approaching!! Yes.. no toys for this baby... outdoor gear.... then my other hunt has been for a baby sleeping bag, I have a sleep sack that she uses for bed in place of a blanket, but I'm hunting for something designed for baby/toddler, to keep them warm and not suffocate in the bag.... I'm not one for sleeping with baby, so I avoid it at all costs, so I need appropriate warm bedding to go with us when we adventure out..... We plan a backyard camp out soon, the overnight temps should be fine for her little sweats and her sleep sack, but for trips towards the mountains and such I may need warmer for her... The excitement over camping as a family is growing daily, I'm looking forward to several summer outings and Stephan's schedule may be awesome for it since he has those weekdays off, and the parks will be a little less crowded, and there is an additional Floater nurse, so I've not been as needed at work lately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment