Saturday, February 27, 2010

February Update!

I must say this has been the wettest, coldest winter I've experienced here in VA EVER!!! The snow, the sleet, the rain, the wind, the cold, lack of sunshine! We are ready for sunshine and temps over 50degrees, they are even calling for ANOTHER SNOW STORM THIS WEEK!!! Nuts! So some updates on fun stuff! Stephan continues to handle teaching the kids math! This is an amazing help for me, and we have the girls on a 2-3days a week rotation and they are doing well with retaining and progressing with their math skills. I'm handling Phonics/English/Reading, & Spelling, Handwriting is well just practice to that's up to the kids to slow down and do well on! Chloe is reading well, and doing well in all areas of school, except that handwriting bit she tends to hurry and write sloppy, she is working on slowing down!! Molly, has just made great strides, I overwhelmingly proud of the progress she has made, something has just clicked for her and she's off and running! Molly knows all her letters, short vowel sounds, and is reading short vowel words and several sight words. Both girls progress has made school work very swift and smooth sailing most days!

Tristen is closing in on the big 2 years old, and is a sponge. She's learning the parts of her body, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hair/head, face, belly, legs, arms, feet, hands, toes, fingers..... and so on something new everyday. Her speech gets clearer daily. So with her sponge like tendencies I've been on the hunt with 2 year old Nursery school work books! I've found 2! I'm delighted, one covers numbers, and the other, colors, shapes, and works on teaching her to color in the lines and follow instructions, & I've found a little schedule for introducing letter flash cards and will just start introducing letters, no real pressure for writing them yet, that's at 3years old!! :o) I figure she love to sit at the table and color most days when we are doing school work, & she's not off playing with her big sister and well I figured why not start her w/a little something, don't think I'll spend more than 30minutes or so a day with it & it can only benefit her and myself for down the road!!!

We are all doing well!! & working together on decluttering and organizing the house, so cleaning will be a short little bit each day task instead of a weekly headache!! I'm going to start a to do list on home improvements to be done over the next few months and actually get on with it and do the projects!! Some include paining! JOY! We are a little burnt out on painting, but just 1 small and 1 big project could just brighten the house greatly! & a little flooring job in the kitchen for Stephan! Beautification is what we'll be doing!! :o) I'm hoping we'll come across some furniture solutions and get the computer/office area enclosed so the kids can't fiddle w/stuff!! & I don't have to look at it! :o) Well I'll leave the update at that. WE are a busy group of 5!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Life is so busy these days! Great job with the girls! You're fantastic!