While mass producing pancakes and waffles for our freezer for the kids breakfasts, I had pandora radio playing, and this Switchfoot song came on, This is your life. It is a favorite song of mine, and I haven't heard it in awhile. The song touched me and I was nearly in tears, as a washed up the dishes, the kids dancing about, baby girl a little fussy and ready for a bedtime min snuggle with mommy. Have a listen... then read further.
Then I realize... as totally exhausting as some of my days can be, this is my life and I am who I want to be, a wife to my wonderful husband, and a mother to my 4 girls and it doesn't matter what I drive, how big our house is, or how much money my husband makes. God has truly blessed me, and though things don't always go they way I planned or hoped they would but in the end the road we are on only adds to our character for the better. I can stand for improvement on "who" I am, but over all I'm mighty please with where we are going, and with the folks that we are traveling with. We have a fabulous family, and great and awesome friends that might as well be family too (in many ways they feel like family).
No comments:
Post a Comment