So we have lived in our house for 3 years. Sadly I figured, we would only be here all of 3 or 4 years. We thought that even with all the huge houses landing in foreclosure the smaller 3 bedroom "starter homes" seemed to be OK. So that is what we backed down to 3 years ago figuring we could fix up some, resell and move on up to something better suited in size for a family of 5-6. Well Turns out even the "starter home" size market is totally shot, and we still have a good portion of work to do to even make this place compete with the flooded market. We have been tempted to up and move west... and back down with in a day... too much family, friends and such here... though gee the adventure would be pretty neat.. any ways.
Alright about a year ago we got a mini family room make over, sold off our 9year old oversized couch and love seat w/their denim slipcovers for $50, and inherited a green, navy, and maroon couch, and a cocoa colored chair, and I had bought a white/light blue glider. My mom passed on a Green rug, and my sister a green and maroon sash like things for the windows. and a few well decor items. This is not my style at all.. but it was a nice change from the super sized stuff in a tiny space. The $50 got another throw rug and some other misc house items.
I have a new addiction to Pinterest, and now with the truth of we are here for a good long time, I am motivated to find ways to update the look of the house and add some functional pieces that can serve as storage and function with out looking thrown together. Slipcovers much cheaper than new and machine washable.. (wonder if I can get 2 of each??) lol they are still pricey but a spare set makes for nice when a spill happens right before company is due to arrive. :o) Think I have the hubby on board with some of my ideas, not to budget, shop, and work.
Wonder how long it will take to get started?? as in out of the idea stage.
No comments:
Post a Comment