



December 12&13, 2008 The men from out church planed a large men's camp out. Yes in December, and yes outside. They had tents, sleeping bags, a camp fire, airsoft guns, and real guns, they ate well, and had a blast. So I had the bright idea of a ladies sleepover at my place with much less invited b/c our new house can not hold too many people. The plan watch Christmas movies and veg all weekend. Not so much. The movies played only Warrie, and Tina spent the night, the crew of kids as in mine and Tina's took forever to go to sleep, and sleep did not come well to me. There was a full moon, and the kids and animals where all in rare form, the 1st night, and we where up bright and early with the kids. The next day went a little smoother however busy with misc tasks. Come night time more folks came out for just diner that equaled more kids. This was a fun but crazy evening. Then bed time came, the little girls went off to bed and I actually watched my 1st beginning to end movie of the weekend. Once the movie was over, bedtime I was happy to great it, Tristen on the other hand was not, I found myself up until 430am. By the time 8am rolled around I was miserable for more reasons than I care to write about, and knew I wouldn't make the 30min drive to church nor last the service, so we opted to stay home. Then my rest began. Warrie sent me off for a nap when I was falling asleep sitting up on the couch, and I had a good 2 hours of rest at least. The men have decided the women need a weekend kid free... smart men.. so they have informed us February is a good time, and they will have another camp out in April. I have learned my lesson.. though a sleepover and the idea of the event sounded great, I was more exhausted than ever... Just to used to the fact that if my girls are left alone in the morning after a late night they will sleep in until they are well rested. So no more mega sleepover planing for me.....
No comments:
Post a Comment