Thursday, March 26, 2009

A.....E.....I......O......U........

Molly knows her VOWELS!!!! YES!!! A break through!!! She has known them but will say "I don't know" the very next day when shown the same letters. For the past 2 weeks I've done nothing but hammer the vowels... and yes she got the confidence!! Now we are working on the letters M,R,and S. Molly has little books what reinforce these letters and blend the M, R, and S with a vowel.. She's getting there too!! We are also working on confidently knowing numbers and telling time!! This homeschool gig frustrating as it can be some days the fact that you where the one to teach you kid to read, tell time, do math.. and so on!!! The most rewarding job ever..... on other Molly news, as part of my schedule we are "chore training" Molly does best when working side by side with someone mainly an adult. So Molly is being "trained" to be my kitchen helper! I had her dry some dishes I had washed the other day, while I folded the laundry, and she drug a chair into the kitchen, climbed onto the counter and put each and every dish away in it's proper spot.... She was so proud!!! Molly is also helping to set the table for diner, and to prepare diner also!!! Continuing on the rewards of Motherhood!!!

No comments: