Stephan stumbled across the christian artist David Phelps a while ago, bought one of his live albums. I never bothered to listen to it until about 2 weeks ago I borrowed Stephan's MP4 player for something to listen to while at work. I totally love all that this mans music has to say. This particular song came on in the van as I'm driving home from bible study one Tuesday night, tears came. What a beautiful song. Then the CD had come with a DVD w/ the live performance the CD was taken from, so while working on some things last Saturday I decided to put it in. Prior to several songs David Phelps talks about the meaning of his songs, this song was one of them. So there sat the artist, his parents and sisters. They told a story of their life and how difficult the relationship was between his mother and father at one point and when the father was asked by one of the daughter's what he didn't just leave the mother...... The father's reply was when you love someone you don't just leave. Just like God loves us, and sent his son to die on the cross for us. Even when we laugh in His face, or ignore Him completely He's still there to love us. A love for a parent, a child, a dear friend, a loved one, a stranger.. this song speaks a thousand words to me, and I've chosen to let it be my only song on the blog for a while.... Hope you'll have a listen and pay attention to the words.....
1 comment:
It's amazing how God can use music to touch us!
Post a Comment