![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
This past weekend we took a camping trip with 2 other families. I had been researching camping with small children, and just camping in general on the internet, over the past several months in prep for this occasion. Check lists grew from my research, and ideas to purchase tubs to store various items to make of easy packing, unpacking, and repacking, only needing to then unpack again at home. Some of the tubs would house items that are used for camping only so they could remain packed to make for easy packing for future trips. My craziness was shot down buy Stephan. So I made modifications with what I had, and we had ton of walmart bags with lost of stuff in them. Digging for this and that when meal times came about was a little bit of a pain. Over all this trip was a blast, and a great learning experience as to what we do and don't need and my idea to get tubs was embraced and we'll be working on getting them and stocking them through out the summer, and I'll be hunting Craig's list and other areas for a camper shell for the truck to make for even easier packing!! The weekend was fun, temps in the 90s but under the shade of trees it felt much cooler and if we where in the sun it was to be in the lake, so it didn't matter. We delayed out departure day from friday to saturday, for reasons other than the weather and I thanking God for bringing about the delay. a nasty storm blew threw with thunder, lightening, and pouring rain. The rest of the weekend went well, and I've learned of a few things that will need to come along with us next time, some things that may stay home, and ideas of how to make things better. I only became frazzled at shower time, b/c showering a 12month old is not so easy!! Chloe does OK and Molly hates a shower too.. and it just takes forever to shower 3 girls and myself. We are talking another Camping trip w/ the crew, with additional people if their interested, in the early fall.... Enjoy the pics. We had a blast!!

1 comment:
The photos are just beautiful! So glad you had such a good time. It brings back memories of our camping trips many years ago, but you have so much nicer equipment than we did then. I noticed in one of the photos of Tristen & her daddy that she now has more hair than daddy!
Love, Grandma Rouze
Post a Comment