Saturday, July 4, 2009
2009-2010 School Books
Last week, we received the girls school books for next school year. We made the decision to switch from the Abeka program to Bob Jones. Chloe will move into 1st grade with the following subjects, Bible, Phonics/English, Reading, Handwriting, Spelling, Math, Science, and Social Studies. Molly will start Kindergarten with Bible, Phonics, Handwriting, Reading, and Math. This evening I went through the 3 boxes that arrived last week and we have received all the books we ordered. So I'll spend a few weeks decluttering my laundry room so I may use the shelves in there to store all my Teacher's Editions, and the girls books. I'll be working on a schedule for next year as well that will need to be stuck to as much as possible. I have a feeling this summer may just fly past, so it will require some work and discipline to get ready for next school year to flow a little more smoothly than this past year. But hey Kindergarten for Chloe is over, and she is doing great with her summer review work!! We'll be working on reading each day too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I loved Bob Jones when I looked at it...I also Alpha Omega products...good luck!!!
We went to a homeschool convention and were able to put our hands and eyes on these materials and others, the Alpha Omega looks good online, but I didn't care for it in person.... Bob Jones.. was good all around.
So proud of how well Chloe read her summer book with Great Grandpa when we visited you! You all will do just fine this coming school year.
Love, Gr. Grandma Rouze
Post a Comment