Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Molly's smarter than she lets on!

So yesterday I worked from 730a-330p.... the girls went off to 2 different grandma's and after my drive to pick up all the kids, we took Chloe to dance. I decided it would be an off night for phonics, since Stephan was drilling the kids with their math work, and I was beat.. A beat mom does not go well with teaching especially new things. So I lounged on the couch and read while Stephan did the math stuff, and Tristen played about on the floor. Next thing I knew there was Molly smiling, with her last 2 readers in hand. She asks "Mommy may I read these books to you?" My answer, "Of Course!!!" She climbed up and surprised me with wanting to read even when I was allowing her to slack off, and not needing too much assistance. Molly likes to play dumb at times, and this can be a frustrating thing with homeschooling her, but the moments in life where she by her own will reproduces the fruit of all the hours spend learning, it is the most rewarding thing in the whole world! I'm thrilled with the girls desire to learn, and also with the fact they just want to be kids and discover through play and exploration!

No comments: