This Monday 8/16/2010, my phone rang, it was my spouse knowing I was napping, why would he dare to call me....unless there was a good reason........ there was a good reason.....he needed to clarify the name that seemed unreal in an email he received through work. The name... Audra Jill Lilly..... passed away 8/15/2010....... known to us as Jill, or to my kids as Mrs Jill..... silence.... shock.... What was he telling me? My heart broke... a friend lost.... Her husband left to raise their 10year old son with out her. So here is where I will reflect on just how special her friendship was to me.
Stephan hit to roads of the county to serve and protect and met Ed Lilly a fellow officer... they decided to play match makers w/ their wives, being Jill and Myself. We where given each others number several times, I believe it took a good year until we finally connected. When we finally spoke that was it, we hit it off. Ed had been an officer far longer than Stephan and Jill knew a thing or 2 about being an officers wife and well shared her wealth of knowledge with me. We would talk about everything and anything it seemed, til strange hours of to morning, because our husbands where working and we both had issues going to bed early.
We shared late night phone call, weekends together for hours on end. Chloe and Molly adored her, and enjoyed spending time w/Morgan her son. This went on regularly for a good 1-2years.. then we moved a little further away, I had another baby, and our getting together and late night phone calls didn't happen as often, with our busy lives as moms. The late night calls still happened just not a frequent.. and we connected via Facebook when we where both online... usually at strange and late hours. Our last interaction was just before the birth of my 4th daughter just 4weeks before the tragic news of her passing. I though she might be in NC visiting her family and that's why all had been quiet on her side. Monday.... it hit me.. that I wouldn't have anymore late night chats, or random get togethers with her anymore.... it was like someone stomped on my heart.... I will forever remember the love and support of Jill, her smile, her laugh.... what a beautiful woman. She will be missed dearly & loved forever....
We stall telling our girls of her passing, as it will crush them.. & break my heart further to have them experience a loss such as this. We will do so soon, and take them to visit her grave site.
No comments:
Post a Comment