Last December we took the month off for "Christmas Break". We did literally nothing, no school work, no crafts, and only I made 3 quilts. This year, I wanted break of sorts, but not a month of nothing. So here is what our December is looking so far. The older 2 in 3rd and 4th grade do language art and math on the computer through Time4learning, and both have to read aloud a chapter or 2 out of a book of their choosing at their reading level, T is continuing with her learning of letters, their sounds, and numbers. Sierra has her "busy box" because nothing is in bags anymore it keeps her happy so I am not complaining. For our Bible time we are using a little e-book called Truth in the Tinsel. The girls and I are totally enjoying this. I love the focus on Jesus, as I totally failed to focus on Him last season!
Our board has been covered with Merry Christmas paper, and the girls made pouches to hold each days "clue" and I tucked little trinkets in each as well.
Also went to an Advent "workshop" at a friends church. the girls made their own kiddie sized advent wreaths, we where given a lovely pamplet with a little reading to go along with it explaining each candle and such.
Each day the girls do a craft that is from the Truth in the tinsel book, and when they are dry and together we add a hook, then then add them to our tree. Maybe next year we will have room to have 2 trees up and can leave one bare and add this ornaments as we make them. :o)
So this year, I am 7 days strong in keeping Jesus fresh in our lessons, during this December, Christmas time where it is really easy to get caught up in all the stuff! Most of our gifts are hand crafted at home with love. I am excited to share photos of all these creations after the 25th!



1 comment:
Hi Heather,
I just found this blog name in my stack of papers - feel bad I haven't been following for so long. Just love what you & Stephan are doing with & for your girls. Grandpa & I miss all of you so much. Keeping the Lord Jesus central to all our Christmas celebrations is not easy sometimes with so much commercialism surrounding us but He DOES bring Himself back to our hearts! Keep up the good work - love & hugs to all! Grandma Rouze
Post a Comment